U.S. Business Immigration 


L-1 Intracompany Transferee 

Intra-company transferee is for applicant, who  is an executive or manager in a multi-national company to transfer from one of its affiliated foreign office to its office in the United States. 

To qualify for this category, the employer must show a qualifying and continuous business relationship with its US office. The employee must have been working abroad for at least 1 year within the last 3 years, and planning to enter US to work as a executive or managerial capacity. 

 Contact us today to find out if you / your employee qualify under this categeory. 

H-1B Specialty Occupations

There are professional workers whose jobs require a college or professional degree. It is the most popular employer-sponsored immigration programs. 

This category is rapidly changing under the current administration. In the past, there are a limited number of new H-1B visas available each year. The number available has been 65,000 slots, and  20,000 available for persons with a U.S. master’s degree. Typically, the quota is reached within the first few days when it opens. In 2019, USCIS holds a lottery when the number of petitions received exceeds the supply available.

Contact us for a consultation today to find out more. 

TN NAFTA Professionals

This is one the most popular options for Canadians to work in the US temporarily. This derives from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) to increase mobility between Canadian and US citizens. 

To qualify, the employment must be on this with complete list of NAFTA jobs and relevant qualification.  

Applicants who qualify must present themselves at the border with proof of Canadian citizenship, proof of a job offer in one of the NAFTA categories, and proof that the person has the necessary qualifications. You must be a citizen. Unfortunately, permanent residents of Canada do not qualify.

J-1 Visa Special Exchange or Training Programs

This program offers applicants to complete short-term work, study, and research in the United States. 

From exchange program, trainee in specific field, or continued medical education such as residency or fellowship. 

There is a requirement for J-1 applicant to return to his/her home country at the end of the visit. There are narrow exceptions of waivers available in applicable situation. 


Let’s Work Together