The Canadian government’s plan is to continue bolstering Immigration because of the pivotal advantage it adds to the economy. According to the latest World Bank annual ratings Canada is ranked 23 among 190 economies in the ease of doing business, The strategic decision to increase Immigration means Canada will continue to receive more immigrants each year. The two most popular cities in Canada for immigrants are British Columbia and Ontario. Winnipeg was ranked top 6 cities in Canada for immigrants to settle.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
In 2017, Manitoba nominated 268 businesses and the approval rate was 70%. The high approval rating demonstrates Manitoba’s goal to better its economy by attracting foreign entrepreneurs. Manitoba is looking for investors who will bring in capital, stay in Manitoba long term and create jobs. The government of Manitoba wants innovation, job creation and the ability to compete on a global scale.
Furthermore, the business immigration process is long and complicated. This is why we recommend one of the expert business immigration lawyers at our firm. Our Lawyers have expertly dealt with these cases in the past and are eager to help realize your goal. In fact, Fridman & Company provides services in English, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian and Hebrew.
Prominent areas for Business Immigration
You can select almost any opportunity for business immigration. In Canada some opportunities hold greater potential. The areas listed below are businesses that have been selected in the past. Therefore, if you select a business in one of these areas better results may occur.
- Agriculture – Farm, truck and meat processing operations.
- The provinces that are interested in these areas are: Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Alberta, and British Colombia.
- In Manitoba there is a separate pathway for agriculture businesses. Click here for more information.
- Accommodation and Food Service.
- There is a lot of opportunity in rural Canada for business immigration.
- Usually, the requirements for investments are lower in rural areas than capital cities.
- Additionally, land is less expensive outside of capital cities.
- Manufacturing facilities.
- Wholesale and Retail businesses.
- This area featured the most nominations under the business immigration pathway in 2017/18 in Manitoba.
- For example: motor vehicles, clothing, medical supplies, general, etc.
- Construction companies.
- Professional, scientific and technical services.
- Notably, service based operation was in the top five industries for the 2017/18 Manitoba provincial nominee reports
- For example: dog, nail or beauty, hair salon, research labs, medical labs, engineering facilities, etc.
In Manitoba the least prominent areas of development are:
According to the 2017/18 Business Immigration reports the areas below did not have much representation.
- Educational Services.
- Health Care and Social Assistance.
- Arts, entertainment and recreation.
- Real estate and rental and leasing.
- Wholesale trade.
Furthermore, for most provinces the areas listed below are not permitted under the Business Immigration Pathway. This is not an exhaustive list. additionally, every province has specific businesses that are ineligible for the business immigration pathway. To get more information please contact one of our lawyers.
- Previously approved businesses under the business immigration pathway
- Bed and breakfasts.
- Payday loans.
- Pawnbrokers, used store goods.
- Real-estate development/brokerage insurance.
- Automated car wash operations.
- And finally anything that would bring the government into disrepute.
Which countries have the most success?
In Canada, the regions with the most immigrants are Asia & Pacific and Africa & Middle East. Accordingly, between 2015 and 2017 approximately 40,000 immigrants came to Manitoba from those regions. Further, the countries ranked the highest for immigration in Manitoba are:
Rules for Business Immigration
- You are required to obtain a letter of support from a designated organization within Canada. The letter will give approval for investment or support from an organization for the start-up.
- Further, to obtain the letter you will have to present business concept and get proper support
- Applicants will have to show sufficient funds.
- To bring your strat-up to Canada you will need at least 10% share in the business. Or, if there are multiple applicants an additional 10% for each,
- Meet the language requirements.
- And finally, have enough money for you and your dependents to settle.
Entrepreneur Pathway – Provincial Nominee Program
Each province has different requirements for the provincial nominee program. The minimum amount that needs to be invested will vary by province. Additionally, if you select a capital city, you will require more capital than if you select a rural area. Furthermore, the most expensive cities for business immigration are Toronto and Vancouver. For example, Manitoba has a lower capital thresholds to attract more entrepreneurs.
Some requirements remain the same. For example, applicants will need medical and police certificates, verifying they are not inadmissible under the Immigration Refugee Act.
Additionally, the applicant will need to conduct research about their business in Canada . Set up meetings with vendors, real estate agents, banks, etc. Exploratory visits help paint a picture for applicants. Here in Manitoba, Fridman & Company can help arrange an exploratory visit and set up meetings with various businesses.
Furthermore, once accepted applicants will have to register and incorporate their business to become a legal company in Canada.
Manitoba Business Immigration Path Way
The Manitoba stream has two paths. Agriculture and Entrepreneur. I will focus on the entrepreneur pathway.
The Business Immigration pathway steps are:
- Research Manitoba and how your business could function in its economy. The best method is to conduct preliminary research and then come for an exploratory visit.
- Further, After you conduct research you must submit an expression of interest.
- If you are nominated to apply you will receive Letter of Acceptance.
- Then it is time to submit a complete application.
- The government of Manitoba will conduct a lengthy assessment of your business proposal and you will also be audited by a third party. In Manitoba MNP conducts the audit.
- Finally, if accepted, establish your business in Manitoba.
Hence, the Minimum requirements for the program
- Applicants will need a minimum of three years’ work experience in the last five years.
- A Minimum CLB 5.
- High school degree or higher.
- Further, you must be in the age range of 25-49 to score points . Points are ranked on a scale.
- Finally, the minimum investment for the Manitoba Business Immigration program:
- In Winnipeg $250,000;
- Outside Winnipeg $150,000.
- The province rather the money be spent on tangible assets
- Create jobs for at least on PR or Canadian citizen
- The minimum net worth is $500,000.
Fridman & Company helps entrepreneurs through the business immigration process. We have expertly helped business owners come to Canada and start their new venture. Additionally, if you do not meet the minimum criteria there may be other options. please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to fill out a form